Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 7

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day! We did our celebrating today since Dave works a 24 hour shift tomorrow. We decided to give Charlie his little gift this afternoon so Dave could be in on it. Here he is, opening his card, and declaring, "This is the card I ALWAYS wanted!"

Also: my darling husband and wonderful boy gave me a dozen gorgeous long-stemmed red roses on Friday. Not only for Valentine's, but just because of some stuff that has been going on. I was so touched. One of the prettiest:



So week 7's theme is 'Open your heart'. Once again, I was unable to come up with...well, anything, really. Except maybe opening heart-shaped chocolates, which was a popular (but well-executed) submission.

This afternoon Charlie was at my parents' house, and Dave and I took to making him a surprise. He's very much into the movie 'Underdog' right now, and wistfully told me he wished he had a shirt with a 'U' on it so he could be UNDERBOY. So I sneakily bought a few supplies yesterday, and this afternoon I cut out a U and a cape, and my husband (who is infinitely better with his hands than I am) sewed it on. Charlie opened it and was thrilled. I had my camera on hand for the process, and thought it was a pretty good example; nothing says opening your heart to someone like a man settling down for a cosy afternoon of sewing something for them. He must love that kid a lot. ;)




UNDERBOY!

1 comment:

  1. This story is so precious and brought tears to my eyes, thanks for sharing -afowler

    ReplyDelete