Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frittata

So. I'm on a bland diet. This makes life all kinds of difficult, and makes me all kinds of cranky. I decided to make a frittata for supper, because hey, soft eggs = bland, right? Good enough.

First thing I did was saute the heck out of mushrooms and onions. Normally I wouldn't soften them quite this much, but for the sake of my stomach, here we go:



Now we need eggs. I secretly hoped I had six in there, but there were only four. Fair enough!


Crack 'em into a bowl and add seasonings of your choice. For me, it was pepper, salt, garlic, basil, and parsley. I also poured in some skim milk.

Chuck in the veggies and whatever else you want. For me, that was shredded cheddar and some spinach.



Put it in the oven (in a sprayed pie plate or springform) at 350F for 25-30 minutes.

In the meantime, grab your camera and take pictures of random things! Wheee! Last night I made fantastic homemade hot chocolate but the lighting was hideous for taking a picture. Today I made an infinitely less interesting beverage, but it still looked nommy:


I made rice pudding, too. With almond milk. Hey, maybe this bland diet isn't so bad after all!



Wheee, pretty dollar store flower!


Wheee, brown-eyed kidlet!



Aaaaand she's done. Lookin' good!



Mmmmmm, eggy goodness:

Verdict: easy, cheap, and delicious. Husband loved it. Kid ate a few bites and then zeroed in on husband's toast. He didn't DISLIKE it, so I take that as a good thing. I think I slightly prefer quiche, but this was really good.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to lie on the couch and whine about my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment