Thursday, January 20, 2011

Harris Session

Last Sunday I made two teenagers tramp through foot-deep snow so I could take their pictures. Thankfully, they were good sports and did whatever I told them to. This is why I like photographing teenagers instead of my three-year-old. ;) Kyle and Samantha were chatty and cheerful and a blast.

The actual photography part was tricky. Snow is tricky to begin with, as it's hard to properly expose faces and not blow the whites of the snow. It was cold, too, which meant red cheeks and noses, and it also meant my camera was sluggish and didn't always focus the best. The sun was not bright but was just bright enough to make everything quite harsh. However, I hope they're pleased with the results. :) I am also the proud owner of Lightroom now, and so my editing is a bit all over the place as I tried to figure it out.

Thanks, Harrises, for a lovely afternoon!








































2 comments:

  1. My kids!!! I can't even pick a fave, they're all awesome! Thanks Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Joni! I love the first one of Samantha....particularly pretty, she is!! And her brother....he looks like he would have an awesome personality...nice looking young man!

    ReplyDelete