Friday, October 29, 2010

More sessions!

October has been a busy month for me. Last Sunday I had two sessions--a family session with my friend Lisa and her gorgeous family, and one with a group of four teenagers who are close friends. Both were at the same place; both were pretty different! These sessions teach me so much, which is why I do them (that, and I love to do it). I am still learning so much about light and colour and focus. Someday I'll manage to properly expose every single picture, instead of underexposing most of them. ;) And I learn things like a jillion orangey brown leaves will make a colour cast that is very difficult to work with. In any event, I am grateful for the opportunity to keep on learning.

Next up: Christmas card picture with the kidlet. I need to think of a monumental bribe and some props. Anyone have an antique sofa with scarlet upholstery? No? Didn't think so...

Here are a few pics from the weekend. They're kind of jumbled about but I'm sure you can figure out which one belongs to which session. There was a whole lot of beautiful in those two sessions. I'm spoiled in that I am constantly photographing extremely photogenic people!




























































































































4 comments:

  1. Wow, Joni! I love the one of the teens where they each have their own tree. :)And the close-ups of the children are adorable. But my fav? The black and white of the kids kissing. So SWEET! But they all turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....they are all terrific pictures....and what lovely models you had! The couples were so cute...even the guys were great!!
    As far as Lisa, Todd, Carlin and Chloe....well, what can I say....beautiful! I love the one of Chloe and Carlin kissing and you got an awesome one of each of them....Chloe up close and Carlin by the water, I think. Anyway....beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Joni, I just went through them again...the one I absolutely love and makes me laugh right out loud is the one of Carlin and Chloe leaning on the tree laughing....just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with your mom on that one Joni...the kids laughing next to the tree is my favorite. Excellent job!!!

    ReplyDelete