Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Hallowe'en!
















Halloween has come and gone for another year. It was a bit of a snowy day here--I don't remember it snowing on Halloween before, to be honest. As any good Canadian does, I dressed my kid in long johns and a turtleneck before his faded jeans, western shirt, black vest, kerchief, cowboy hat, and boots. He made a pretty cute little cowboy, and got quite a haul of candy which he is happily sharing with us. I think he figures that as long as he enthusiastically approves of it, we will enthusiastically allow him to gorge on candy. Doesn't quite work that way, but none of us are on a sugar high quite yet. ;)

He had a blast trick-or-treating, although he was quite serious about the whole thing. Strangely enough, this morning he didn't ask for candy until a few hours after he woke up. First thing he wanted? An apple. I must be doing something right!

And now it is November. As a kid, I hated November. It was cold and grey and drizzly. The pretty leaves were gone and everything was ugly. But now? I love it. I like the cool blues and browns, the frosty air, the first snowfall. I love the celebrations (husband's birthday, grandparents' anniversary). I love the lead-up to Christmas, because Christmas is one of my favourite things in the world. Bring it on, November!

I also managed to take Charlie's Christmas card pictures. I have a couple of layouts done up but I won't bother sharing them quite yet since nothing is finalized. It was very cold the day we did them, so I snapped less than ten minutes' worth of pictures and we wrapped it up. The things I put my poor kid through! I think he had fun, though, since I let him drink hot chocolate.
And now I shall sign off, since I have felt rotten all day and am not even sure if this post is entirely coherent.





No comments:

Post a Comment