Thursday, October 21, 2010


News:


I bought a few photography-related purchases that I'm excited about. One--a laptop! My old laptop was on its last legs, so I have a brand spankin' new HP laptop that has a nice big screen and is a zillion times faster than my 5-year-old Dell. I also bought a 5-in-1 reflector, and tonight I'm picking up a flash someone offered me. Next on my list: softbox lights and the full version of Photoshop. In the distant future!


I had a great session last Friday despite the terrible weather here (nasty wind and rain). Two lovely ladies contacted me for a boudoir session, and we all had a blast. The low lighting meant it was tricky (and the later shots of them were difficult for me since my shutter speed was about 15--they weren't sharp at all as a result) but all of us were pleased with the results.


A few days before that, I had a session with a good friend of mine and her husband and adorable toddler. We got some great shots despite the cold. I did learn that the lighting in the local trails is very orange this time of year! They're a beautiful family.


Finally, I failed to mention a few weeks ago that my kidlet is now THREE! So far, three is spectacular. He is so hilarious and bright and fun. Above is a shot I got of him the night before he turned three. Happy (belated) birthday, Sir Charles!


No comments:

Post a Comment