Friday, October 1, 2010

Kids rule.

I've been working lately (for the returning office for our provincial election) and now that it's over, I'm back into doing a little photography here and there. When my friend Patti asked me to do 1-year portraits of her absolutely gorgeous little one, I said YES! And I also got a chance to take some pictures of her older daughter, who beautifully and willingly posed for me (even letting me wrap a scarf around her head, as you can see).

I have really been struggling lately. I know I haven't been in this long (less than six months) but already I feel the limits of my sub-par equipment. I want a better camera with better lenses. I need a new computer and better editing programs. However, that costs money, and I didn't make quite enough for all of that. ;) In the meantime, I get to practice and it's such a joy when it's for kids as gorgeous and wonderful as Patti's.











2 comments:

  1. Joni, if this is what you do with sub-par equipment and programs, i am scared yet intrigued to see what you would do with top-notch equipment! These are beautiful, as always!! The next time we're in NB, you've got yourself a commission!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, didn't realize I was under my playground account-Roger's sis-in-law Jaime

    ReplyDelete