Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 21

This week's theme was "A need for speed" and I was feeling very uninspired. I was also very busy, and had little time to think about - let alone execute - a shoot. Instead, on our way back from the lake on Thursday, I took a quick shot of this bunny. It represents a need for speed on two levels; one, rabbits need to be quick on these back country roads this time of year. They're everywhere, and old pickups tend to rattle along at a pretty quick clip. Two, I had to be fast getting this shot as well, since rabbits don't tend to stick around long.



Onto some photography news.

1. My laptop is finally calibrated! I ordered Spyder 3 Express earlier in the week and it arrived on Thursday. What a difference I notice already. My photos were so yellow/orange before! Now the prints always match what I see on my screen. Sometimes they wouldn't prior to calibration.

2. My new camera (!!!!!!!!!!!!) should be arriving early in the week. They tried to deliver it Thurday but I was away. I bought a Pentax K-5 and I cannot wait to use it! I'll be sure to post some of my first shots with it once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment