Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting ready.

As I said in my last post, I shot a wedding on Saturday. I am not a wedding photographer, but Chantal had only a few weeks to plan her wedding, as she (and Colby) wanted to get married on their vacation home from Newfoundland. Knowing it'd be next to impossible for her to secure a professional wedding photographer in a mere three weeks for a July wedding, I said yes. And I am glad I did, as it was a beautiful celebration for a wonderful couple, and I am thrilled I got to be a part of it from start to finish.

I haven't edited too many photos yet; in fact, I still need to go through all of them (nearly 2000) and make note of the ones I want to keep. I couldn't wait on these first ones, though; I just love the excitement of a bride preparing for her big day. I went to Chantal's parents' house amidst rain and grey skies, but Chantal was cool as a cucumber and I knew right away it was going to be a wonderful day. By the way, when Chantal walked out with that dress, I was almost stunned into speechlessness. If you think it's pretty in pictures, you should have seen it in real life! Most beautiful gown I've ever seen.

Note: these have not been sharpened for web, because I plum forgot!

First up: getting ready!
































1 comment:

  1. For a beginner at wedding photography and photography in general based on your photos I would say that you did very well. Do you read up on websites or books for tips/advice? Have you started your own business?

    ReplyDelete