Sunday, July 10, 2011

Catching up.



I have been an absolute slacker for the past month. And I just dumped most of my photos onto my hard drive, so at the moment I can't even post the past few weeks' Project 52 entries. They weren't terribly inspired so you aren't missing much. ;)


I've been extremely busy. We went to PEI with my husband's family for a weekend, which was busy and fun (and cold, and rainy!). Once we got back, I had a prom photo shoot and a week of festivities for my niece, who graduated from high school. Then we had Canada Day, and last week I spent the entire week teaching the middle school class at my church's DVBS.


The biggest news: I did my first wedding yesterday. It was for an old friend who was getting married with a small window of time to prepare. I said yes, and boy, was I nervous! Especially when the forecast changed from sunny and warm to rainy and muggy. I was really worried that the ceremony shots would be difficult with the dim weather, and that we'd have to do the formal portraits in the sanctuary.


Thankfully, the rain stopped just before their horse and cart arrived after the reception, and we were able to go to a few outdoor locations for photos. It was a blast. The bride and groom were laid-back and happy and easy to order around. ;) And really, one of the best-looking pairs ever. Congratulations, Chantal and Colby! I'll be doing a proper wedding photo post in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment