Saturday, October 15, 2011

SOUP


It's fall, which means it's that time of year when I crave hot, delicious, comfort food. Soup is a big one for me; I love love love soup. LOVE. Nearly all kinds. So in the past two weeks, I've tried three new recipes. I am sure my husband has a different opinion, but I consider all three a huge success.

Above is "Hearty Quinoa Soup", and it was excellent. Chock full of veggies and beans and quinoa. My husband deemed it "interesting", which is his kind way of saying, "please don't make me eat this again when there are so many other options out there". So I happily ate the leftovers without having to share.



Next I tried Tri-Colour Tortellini Soup. Oh, noms. Tomatoey and cheesy and healthy. I normally dislike pasta in soup as it always goes soggy, but this did not and it was so delish. Thumbs up from the husband, and the kid (who is very much not a soup lover unless it's tomato or vegetable from a can) even ate some.


Finally, Creamy Mushroom and Barley soup. Husband's favourite, by far. You have to be a serious mushroom lover for this one, and since we both are, we both really enjoyed it. It's got both fresh and dried mushrooms in it, and sour cream, and onions...and, well, how can you go wrong with that!?

Soup. It's what's for dinner. Except for my souped-out husband, who insisted that I make something "good" tonight. "Like poutine!" he says. Hey, we can't win them all.

Links to soup recipes:
http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/ground-beef-and-tricolor-tortellini-soup-recipe
(I did not add corn to the tortellini soup recipe, but otherwise followed it pretty closely.)

http://food.chatelaine.com/Recipes/View/Hearty-quinoa-and-bean-soup

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cream_of_mushroom_barley_soup.html
(I used white wine instead of sherry and a bit more sour cream than it called for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment