Monday, August 29, 2011

As of late...



Mmm, food. It's that time of year when everything in the garden is ready all at once, so we've been having a lot of good eats in our house. Above is some fresh, delicious salsa. You really can't beat it.
Aaaaand microwave bread-and-butter pickles. They taste great and took almost no time to make. The recipe is on the allrecipes website.



I also concocted my own recipe for baked tomatoes by looking at a few other ones. Seriously, folks, these things are divine. DIVINE. Well, the 3-year-old wasn't crazy about them, but the husband and I loved them.


Catching up with a couple of Project 52 photos; above is for the theme 'Slow down and look back' for week 33. We spent a lazy evening slowly driving around on the wheeler and picking blackberries. Came across these berries; no idea what they are, but they were pretty!

Week 34 was 'connections', so I snapped a photo of my kidlet and his great-grandfather doing what they love: playing in Grampie's shed on the lawn mower.



Now we're recovering (haha) from Hurricane Irene (which was actually a tropical storm when it hit yesterday). Not much damage; mostly to our garden and apple trees, with scattered debris across the yard. Blessedly, after the storm blew through things cooled off; the storm itself was extremely balmy and made sleeping difficult.

I also did a wedding on August 20th. The couple is still on their honeymoon so I won't share any photos yet, but I'm very pleased with how they're turning out as I sloooooowly make my way through all 1800 photos. Congratulations, Christina and Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment