Monday, September 6, 2010

Rotini with sun-dried tomato pesto.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love pasta. Any kind, any sauce, doesn't matter. I love to make pasta dishes as well, and this is one I've really liked for a long time. It's fresh, fast, and really yummy, plus it looks kind of fancy, too. So, I thought I'd share!

First, you need a cup of fresh basil. Lucky me, we have basil in our garden! Mmmm, basil. It's sweet and peppery and oh so very delicious.


You also need a jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes. People seem to have a love/hate relationship with these bad boys. I happen to love them--they're both sweet and tart. Delish.


A bag of rotini. Easy-peasy.



Two cloves of garlic. This makes it very garlicky, so I wouldn't advise putting more than two in.


Normally I'd use freshly grated romano or parmesan, but...I don't have any. So I cut up some fontina cheese and tossed it in the bowl.



Here's the super easy part: throw the basil, garlic, and tomatoes in a food processor with some salt and pepper, and pulse it until it's your desired consistency. Voila--the pesto is done!



Cook your rotini, toss it in the bowl with the cheese and pesto, and there you have it. Easiest pasta in the world. Doesn't it look delicious? Well, that's because it is!



Toddler verdict: NOM NOM NOM.



Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you'd have the best looking cookbook out there. Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete