Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation!

I love getting away. It doesn't even have to be far. So when my husband suggested a quick overnighter to Fundy National Park, I jumped at it. It was the first time the three of us went somewhere alone. We had no agenda. We stayed in a little B&B, ate takeout from a roadside fish-n-chips stand, walked on the ocean floor at low tide, and played on a giant playground. It was incredible.

Two days later, my best friend-slash-cousin and I went to St. Andrews-by-the-sea for two nights. We stayed in a creaky old B&B that ended up being charming and sweet. We ate seafood and shopped in little stores and drank yummy lattes. We watched boats in the harbour and walked the length of Water Street many times. We dressed up and had dinner at the Algonquin. We ate candy and played cards and had a blast.

I miss both places, but I'm reminded of how much my own little province has to offer. We traveled no further than two hours away from here, and saw a whole new world.

Calamari in St. Andrews:


Moi on the rocks in St. Andrews:



Checking out the boats:
Sunset by the sea:

Boats in Alma at low tide:


Playing on the ocean floor:


It was a bit windy on the coast:


Waiting for our greasy but delicious takeout:

What a smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment